Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's Been a Rough Day ...

And it seems as though rough day's are becoming more common. I love it here - truly I do. But once reality hits in, once you actually realize you're flying solo, you've got to wake up. It's a big change. I have more responsibilities in some respects, and less in others. I need to get my butt out of the house and grocery shop, for instance. I need to start taking better care of myself (health-wise). But I don't have to worry about physics or AP government homework. I don't have to worry about chores the way I did before. I'm working and cleaning and living for myself only, which is a pretty exciting idea, I think. 

I haven't heard back from the modeling management company yet, but I'm not holding my breath. My go-see was last week, and I had no idea why they even called me in in the first place. I'm not a model. Yes, I'm on the tall side and I'm not over-weight. But it's difficult to consider modeling when the average talent is 5'10 and 110 lbs. I am 5'9 and 150 lbs. I am not embarrassed about my weight or my curves, or any part of my physical being. I am reasonably healthy and I take pretty decent care of myself. But there is no way I'm willing to develop an eating disorder so that I can have someone take photos of me and call me pretty.

The job hunt officially starts tomorrow. I've been scoping out Craigslist a bit, but I don't really trust it all that much. I'll pop into a few places that I go often like Trader Joe's and Crossroad's Trading and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to see if they have any available positions. I figure if I have to work, if I have to get up every morning and report to someone else and do a job, that I should at least support the company or store I'm working for. Plus, benefits and discounts are not too shabby, either. 

I am pretty wiped from class tonight. Mondays are voice & speech and improv. I suck at improv. I'm not too bad at voice & speech, simply because I like to talk. But it was a lot to take in tonight, let alone my first rehearsal with my scene partner for Neil Labute's The Shape of Things. I'm excited about the piece, and hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Long days lead to long nights. And long nights lead to peaceful slumbers. For normal people. I shall bid the internet adieu for an attempt at normalcy. Sweet dreams, creepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment